Wednesday, November 27, 2019

To the workplace unlike others

Have you ever been attached to any of your workplace very much that you wish you will never have to leave?  But life is a bitch. Nothing good comes forever. 

It was in 2017 when I got recommended by a senior of mine to join the best workplace I had; USAID Development Innovations project implemented by DAI Global. The project works on accelerating the use of ICT to enhance development works in Cambodia through many means.

As my first experience working in the development world, I did not know what to expect and kept my expectation to what I’ve been told about CSOs. However, my experience proved in contrast. I got spoiled by my workplace. Almost in every way. 

At DI, I get to do a lot more amazing things I have never thought I could. I was given the power to be creative. I give ideas. I lead my own task. And own my responsibilities. Other than my job, I was able to do a lot more to help DI improve Cambodia. 

2 years was totally in a blink of an eye. I will miss everything from the office. From the morning greeting when I walk into the office to the random sarcasms during work to the food crave at 4. I am very thankful to all the opportunities given by the place. All these couldnt have happened because of the awesome people inside. 



Thanks B Mesa for connecting me to the job. Thanks B Ty and B Thon for the process. Thanks B Bol for all the guidance. 

Thank you Leng for all the support and direction in the 1.5 year. Thanks Tiff for all the help. Thanks B Phat for all the design and artwork. And thanks B Leanghort and B Simeng for the technical support. 

Thank you B Setha for your great guidance. Thanks B Chan for all the advice and food. Thank you B Pork for always backing me up.

 Thanks to my workplace bestfriend Gechheang for all the mental and labor support. We have a lot more to share. Thanks Sreylen for the support for the last few months. 

Thank you team; Bong Samnang, Bong Thany, Foard, Chandy, Bong Phay, Bong Pounlok, Bong Vannarith, Kimly, Davuth, and Om Ny for making everything possible. 

Also thanks to my YIP squads, first batch, second batch, and third batch. You guys are the best!

Lastly, thanks to Bong Theavy and Kate. Without your support, mentorship, guidance, and encouragement from the back, I would not have today. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. 




These are the memories and values that I will be carrying next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment